Olathe Suspended License Attorney

Have you been charged with driving with a suspended license?

A driver's license can be suspended for many reasons, including too many points accrued due to traffic violations, a DUI/DWI, driving without insurance, failure to pay child support, and others. The consequences of being caught driving while your license is suspended can be very severe, especially in the state of Kansas. A first conviction will be counted as a class B misdemeanor, which carries with it the potential of up to six months in jail and a further 90 days on your license suspension. A second conviction will be considered a class A misdemeanor, and is punishable by up to a year in jail and a fine of $2500, as well as an extended license suspension. While some states will issue a "hardship license" (which allows you to drive to and from work, school, etc.) after your formal driver's license has been suspended, Kansas has no such policy. You are simply unable to drive. This makes challenging a suspended license charge all the more important, as it may be the only way you retain your ability to legally drive. Contact an Olathe criminal defense attorney today if you have been charged with driving on a suspended license, and enjoy the peace of mind that comes from knowing your rights are being looked out for.

Suspended License Lawyer in Johnson County

The ramifications of being convicted of a driving with a suspended license charge can be long-lasting, and have many adverse effects on you. Your employment and financial well-being could be put in jeopardy, causing substantial emotional stress and worry. My law firm, John E. Harvell, P.A., is dedicated to protecting the rights of those charged in criminal cases. I have significant experience working in our legal system, and I can provide you with aggressive legal help in your case. Don't face your suspended license charges alone, contact me today and I will fight to increase your chances of a beneficial outcome in your trial.

Contact an Olathe suspended license lawyer if you have been charged with driving with a suspended license.